Whether you're training for a marathon or working in the garden, your body doesn't always feel great when you're done.
When muscles and joints get overworked, tired, sore, stiff, and just darn uncomfortable -- if not painful -- you look for relief. For good reason! Easing your pain and stiffness will help you sleep better, recover faster, and get back to moving.
In this blog post, we'll introduce you to the main ingredients in RECOVERY+ and share why we chose them.
Full disclosure, this is absolutely my favorite product! I have nerve damage and chronic pain and I use this every day!
RECOVERY+ is a unique blend of CBD Isolate (no THC), MSM, and Arnica in a soothing, hydrating cream that doesn't stain and smells amazing, or so says our bluerub Ambassadors and early testers.
First off, let's talk about CBD. CBD is everywhere these days and, truthfully, it's hard to know what you're getting. We understand that. Which is why we carefully selected the type and source.
- CBD delivers relief and eases muscles in many, many people. By adding CBD to a lotion or cream, you get a POP of power to aid recovery.
- CBD Isolate is different than CBD distillate in one key aspect: NO THC. We specifically chose to use an isolate to ensure no psychoactive properties are in the product. This is important for those who have to get drug tested, or simply don't wish to have THC in their system.
- Our CBD is sourced from an FDA registered facility in Colorado that is also GMP Certified and ISO9001 certified. That's a lot of oversight and compliance to ensure top quality for you.
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a fantastic ingredient often used in edible supplements. When used in skincare MSM helps other ingredients absorb better. It also stimulates the body's own ability to recover from strenuous activity. We're all about speedy recovery!
- MSM is a powerful antioxidant, supporting the body's own natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capabilities. Go body!
- OptiMSM is manufactured in Vancouver, Washington, and is the purest and only GRAS-designated MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) on the market.
- The lovely arnica plant (from the Sunflower family) has served humans for centuries by providing relief from sore, stiff, bruised, and painful muscles.
RECOVERY+ contains USDA Certified Organic Arnica Flower Extract. When combined with CBD and MSM, this sunny ingredient is more deeply absorbed into your skin and gets to work right away to aid in your relief and recovery.
- Arnica packs powerful antioxidant properties. Yeah, Arnica.
Essential Oil Blend
Our soothing blend of essential oils includes black pepper, helichrysum, juniper, lavender, lemongrass, cedar, peppermint, chamomile, and eucalyptus. The scent was created to aid in soothing and calming the body, but that's not the only reason we chose these oils.
Each essential oil was selected for both its aromatherapy property and the sensations they deliver to on body: Icy, warm, soothing, uplifting, calming, and so forth.
How to Use RECOVERY+
Users tell us RECOVERY+ is a go-to for reducing down-time and increasing comfort after long days and hard workouts. The feel is slightly warm and slightly cool, too upon application. It is gentle, non-staining and can be used as needed.
A little goes a long way. This soft cream glides on easily and covers a lot of space. So start with a small amount and layer it on if needed. Avoid eyes, mouth and sensitive body parts -- this is for external use only.
Use after a long workout, before bed, or whenever you need a little relief from your chatty muscles and joints. We recommend you do not add a heating pad or ice pack over RECOVERY+ as this can accelerate the properties of the ingredients and may make you uncomfortable instead of calm and serene.
Available in 1 oz and 2 oz refillable jars. Shop now
|Raised in Northern Colorado, just 34 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP), Dave played many conventional team sports, including basketball, baseball, and tennis. But with RMNP and the outdoors beckoning, as a teenager he started downhill skiing, XC skiing, backpacking, fly fishing, and rock climbing. Mix in some road cycling and mountain biking and you have the stew of Dave’s teen years.
Dave moved to Eugene, Oregon in 1988 to return to school and was introduced to Track Town USA. He kept skiing and cycling and climbing but at this point also added running into the mix regularly running 5 and 10Ks and graduating to half and full marathons in addition to trail running.
Dave moved back to Colorado in the Fall of 2017 and shortly after purchased bluerub from the founder. Dave continues to tele and skate-ski, trail run, and mountain bike. In 2020 Dave is training for his first triathlon.